Wednesday, May 13, 2026
Ghana Weekend
Youtube Videos
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • General News
    • Personalities
  • Music
    • Releases
    • Top 10
  • Events
  • Film
  • Arts & Culture
    • Festivals
    • Theatre
  • People & Places
  • Lifestyle
  • Gallery
    • Videos
    • Photos Gallery
  • Media World
Ghana Weekend
  • Home
  • News
    • General News
    • Personalities
  • Music
    • Releases
    • Top 10
  • Events
  • Film
  • Arts & Culture
    • Festivals
    • Theatre
  • People & Places
  • Lifestyle
  • Gallery
    • Videos
    • Photos Gallery
  • Media World
No Result
View All Result
Ghana Weekend
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT

Oscars will be host-free again

Lamy Gates by Lamy Gates
January 9, 2020
Reading Time: 1 min read
ShareTweetShare

The Oscars will once again go forward without a host.

ABC Entertainment president Karey Burke made the announcement on Wednesday in a presentation at the Television Critics Association press tour.

Burke said the decision to repeat “what worked for us last year” was made in concert with the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

Last year’s ceremony was the first host-free Oscars since 1989.

The 2019 Oscars ceremony had a cloud of uncertainty around it leading up to the announcement it would go forward without a host.
Comedian Kevin Hart had initially been announced as host, but after old tweets resurfaced and a botched apology followed, Hart stepped down from the role.

Whether related to the controversy or the host-free approach, at the end of the day, Oscar ratings improved. Last year’s ceremony rose 12% to 29.6 million viewers, up from an all-time low the year prior.
Critically, the ceremony was also deemed a successful experiment.

The Oscars will air February 9 on ABC.

Source: cnn.com
Share46Tweet29Send
ADVERTISEMENT

Related Posts

Celebrity News

Joeboy blames ego, rivalry for poor collaborations in Nigerian music industry

Screenshot
News

Nigerian fashion designer Veekee James welcomes first child

Music

Bring back Shatta Wale – Bullet urges TGMA organisers

Screenshot
Music

‘I went there to have fun’ – Beeztrap KOTM reflects on TGMA experience

News

Gunman opens fire near Harvard and MIT leaving two critically injured

News

36-year-old socialite arrested over alleged online sexual exploitation

News

MzGee, husband ‘fight’ Bawumia’s aide over TT’s leaked audio

This Weekend

Award is rigged if King Promise doesn’t win TGMA ‘Artiste Of The Year’ – Efia Odo

Celebrity News

My father died shortly after I said good night to him — Princess Shyngle

About Us

Ghana Weekend is the source of all the entertainment news you desire from Ghana and beyond.

Follow us

Lastest Stories

  • Blacvolta clarifies purpose behind ‘The One Percent’ initiative amid backlash
  • Joeboy blames ego, rivalry for poor collaborations in Nigerian music industry
  • WebKid Afrika arrest exposes dark side of Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy rivalry – Fiifi Annan writes
  • Nigerian fashion designer Veekee James welcomes first child

CATEGORIES

  • Art Exhibition
  • Articles
  • Awards
  • Celebrity News
  • Countdown
  • Events
  • Fashion
  • Festivals
  • Lifestyle
  • Media World
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Music Shows
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Places
  • Personalities
  • Photos
  • Premiere
  • Releases
  • Reviews
  • Story
  • Theatre
  • This Weekend
  • Tourism
  • Videos

Subscribe to our Youtube Account

  • Home
  • News
  • Music
  • Events
  • Film
  • Arts & Culture
  • People & Places
  • Lifestyle
  • Gallery
  • Media World

© 2024 GhanaWeekend - Showbiz and more

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • General News
    • Personalities
  • Music
    • Releases
    • Top 10
  • Events
  • Film
  • Arts & Culture
    • Festivals
    • Theatre
  • People & Places
  • Lifestyle
  • Gallery
    • Videos
    • Photos Gallery
  • Media World

© 2024 GhanaWeekend - Showbiz and more