Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Ghana Weekend
Youtube Videos
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • General News
    • Personalities
  • Music
    • Releases
    • Top 10
  • Events
  • Film
  • Arts & Culture
    • Festivals
    • Theatre
  • People & Places
  • Lifestyle
  • Gallery
    • Videos
    • Photos Gallery
  • Media World
Ghana Weekend
  • Home
  • News
    • General News
    • Personalities
  • Music
    • Releases
    • Top 10
  • Events
  • Film
  • Arts & Culture
    • Festivals
    • Theatre
  • People & Places
  • Lifestyle
  • Gallery
    • Videos
    • Photos Gallery
  • Media World
No Result
View All Result
Ghana Weekend
No Result
View All Result
ADVERTISEMENT

Court issues bench warrant for the arrest of Deputy Tourism Minister Mark Okraku Mantey

Kweku Sekyi by Kweku Sekyi
January 19, 2022
Reading Time: 2 mins read
ShareTweetShare

The Deputy Minister of Tourism, Arts, and Culture, Mark Okraku Mantey, has been declared wanted after an Adentan Circuit Court issued a bench warrant for his arrest for failing to appear before it.

The Deputy Minister has been charged for allegedly violating Sections 7 (1) and (2) of the Vigilantism and Related Offences Act. The prosecution says he forcibly gained access to the land, owned by one Alhaji Tony Baba.

Okraku Mantey was to appear in court yesterday (18 January) to continue completion of the case management conference for the trial to commence but failed. His lawyer was also absent, but he sought permission from the court.

Prosecuting, Superintendent of Police Patience Mario prayed the court for a bench warrant to effect the arrest of the accused person. The court, presided over by Sedinam Awo Balokah, issued the warrant and adjourned the matter to 8 February 2022.

Double claim

The case of the prosecution was that the complainant, Alhaji Tony Baba, was an estate developer residing in North Legon, Accra.

It said the complainant was developing a parcel of land at Oyarifa High Tension, ownership of which the accused person, too, was allegedly claiming.

The prosecution said on 3 March last year, the accused person went to the site with three “thugs” two of whom were on a motorbike and another in his (the deputy minister’s) car.

The prosecution said on 9 March last year, the accused person visited the site for a few hours, after which the “thugs” with whom he previously visited the site went back to the site and attacked the workers and caused damage to parts of the building, allegedly.

It said the complainant reported the matter to the police and mentioned the accused person as the one behind the “unwarranted attacks and damages”.

The prosecution said that, during interrogation, the accused person was contacted to report at the police to assist in investigations.

It said while police were waiting for the accused person, more damage was allegedly caused to the three-bedroom building on 10 March last year, and Okraku Mantey was identified as the one who had brought and ordered the “thugs” to cause the damage.

The prosecution said that on 3 April last year, the complainant’s workers were allegedly attacked again, and two people sustained injury.

It said the injured people were issued with police medical forms so they could seek treatment.

On 20 March 2022, further extensive damage was allegedly caused to the building, which had been built to lintel level and was valued at GHC63,700.

Source: gbcghanaonline.com

Share34Tweet22Send
ADVERTISEMENT

Related Posts

Celebrity News

Supporting Manchester United is a family tradition – Burna Boy

Celebrity News

‘This is life’ – Maame Dokono reflects on the inevitable reality of ageing

Celebrity News

Angelique Kidjo becomes first African honoured with Hollywood Walk of Fame Star

News

Joseph Matthew’s ‘Walk’ is 2026’s biggest gospel song – Hitz FM’s DJ Briddash

News

Wode Maya shocked to discover Nduom owns hotel he stayed at in Liberia

Celebrity News

Neche abruptly exits BBNaija Season 11 over personal issues

This Weekend

Award is rigged if King Promise doesn’t win TGMA ‘Artiste Of The Year’ – Efia Odo

This Weekend

Three-year-old who died in accident involving Lil Win buried

This Weekend

Guru marshals support of physically challenged UG students in SRC presidential bid[Video]

About Us

Ghana Weekend is the source of all the entertainment news you desire from Ghana and beyond.

Follow us

Lastest Stories

  • Supporting Manchester United is a family tradition – Burna Boy
  • ‘This is life’ – Maame Dokono reflects on the inevitable reality of ageing
  • Stonebwoy spends over GH¢2.5m of his own money on BHIMFEST – Blakk Rasta
  • The ‘azigi’ era: When private moments go viral [Article]

CATEGORIES

  • Art Exhibition
  • Articles
  • Awards
  • Celebrity News
  • Countdown
  • Events
  • Fashion
  • Festivals
  • Lifestyle
  • Media World
  • Movies
  • Music
  • Music Shows
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People & Places
  • Personalities
  • Photos
  • Premiere
  • Releases
  • Reviews
  • Story
  • Theatre
  • This Weekend
  • Tourism
  • Videos

Subscribe to our Youtube Account

  • Home
  • News
  • Music
  • Events
  • Film
  • Arts & Culture
  • People & Places
  • Lifestyle
  • Gallery
  • Media World

© 2024 GhanaWeekend - Showbiz and more

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • General News
    • Personalities
  • Music
    • Releases
    • Top 10
  • Events
  • Film
  • Arts & Culture
    • Festivals
    • Theatre
  • People & Places
  • Lifestyle
  • Gallery
    • Videos
    • Photos Gallery
  • Media World

© 2024 GhanaWeekend - Showbiz and more