KiDi, born Dennis Nana Dwamena and Kuami Eugene, real name Eugene Kwame Marfo both belong to Lynx Entertainment.
They do the same genre of music- Highlife, Afrobeats. They are ladies’ men. Both are unique in their own ways.
Recently, someone dug up dirt on Kidi. Someone pulled up old tweets in which he jabbed Sarkodie. The Sarknatives tore him but made sure to leave some meat behind. He apologized and the matter was buried just like that. Imagine if that was Eugene.
Do you remember all the time social media dragged Eugene for stealing people’s songs? He was not spared at all.
Believe it or not, one is a sweetheart. The other is appreciated. Most Ghanaians generally, prefer Kidi to Eugene. This observation is borne out of people’s comments about the two on social media and in other street conversations.
Check out five reasons why the situation is so.
1. KiDi is more approachable: Most popular figures create this barrier to prevent being walked on anyhow. It is allowed. But some of them have this friendly feeling around them. KiDi gives off that vibe. Kuami Eugene has the air of someone who is full of himself.
2. KiDi better fashion sense: He looks good wearing anything and he styles them perfectly. Looks as if Kidi will still win the hearts of many if he appears on stage in rugs.
People have advised Kuami Eugene to get a stylist. He probably acted on it. Things look better but Kidi is still in the lead.
3. KiDi does not just speak: Kidi handles questions differently. It seems Eugene speaks before listening. Some time ago he said he cannot do a collaboration with Patapaa because he makes noisy music.
DopeNation will agree with me on this. They advised him to learn how to speak. And instead of taking the advice, Eugene wants to be let off the hook because he is a 23-year-old.
In an interview with Abeku Santana, Eugene said: “At the end of the day I’m still a 23-year-old young boy so sometimes there are things I’d take lightly but we don’t joke on social media. So, what I feel is a joke, I later find out someone has taken it a bit too serious,” he said adding that he is misunderstood most of the time.
4. KiDi comes across as a discrete person: He successfully hid his son till the boy turned three before we knew. Even that, he made us know when he posted pictures of the boy. KiDi has a way to get around tough questions. Eugene was recently interviewed concerning his status- he disclosed there are so many women coming at him and the ones he had complained he did not have time for them.
5. KiDi does not ‘steal’ songs: Musicians take inspiration from others. People say Kidi and Eugene just turn around their old songs, give it new titles and release them. We still jam to them anyway. And when people take inspirations, they add one or two lines or even the rhythms to spice up their songs. KiDi does same but Eugene ends up in the news all the time: Confession, Angela, and many more were traced to other musicians.
Do you agree with me or “Wele, S3b3 and Kontomire”…?
By: Hajia Lamy Gates | ghanaweekend.com